Senior Property Manager
My client, a commercial property investment company with assets in the UK, France and Germany are looking for a Property Manager to initially join them on a 12 month fixed term contract for a maternity cover. The Property Manager's are required to work with the specialist functions of asset, facilities, and sustainability management in order to generate a cohesive plan for the asset that delivers a product that is relevant to our customers' needs and achieves the Groups strategic aims. You are likely to lead and manage refurbishment projects and will also perform tasks for the wider group such as acquisition and disposal.
- Management Duties:
- Staff Management (dependent on candidate)
- Implementing strategy and assisting with the creation of best practice policy and procedures.
- Assisting with the placement of the European & UK Portfolio insurances and associated administration.
- Such other duties as may be delegated by the Head of Property Management from time to time.
- Property Management Duties
- Preparation and maintenance of Service Charge Budgets, completing year-end reconciliations, including quarterly accounting and forecasting tasks for the Group reporting requirements.
- Checking of all Tenant Lease details entered on the Property Management Computer System (QUBE).
- Assist with acquisition and disposal of assets and lead the technical due diligence on any new purchases
- Procure the maintenance and refurbishment of existing properties for both common areas and vacant space.
- Vetting, approving and monitoring tenants' alteration works and other leasehold applications and instructing solicitors accordingly with regard to any Licences required.
- Chairing tenant's meetings on a quarterly basis at the multi-tenanted properties.
- Meeting tenants on a regular basis and inspecting the demised areas for compliance with repairing covenants and ensuring that the company is delivering high standards of customer service.
- Undertake periodic property inspections to ensure all properties comply with and are presented and maintained to Group standards.
- Work closely with the Building / Facilities Managers to ensure our customers' needs are met and that appropriate budget management is being maintained.
- Liaise closely with Asset Managers regarding vacant areas and new lettings.
- Corresponding and answering queries from Tenants, Solicitors, Local Authorities, Fire Authorities, Estate/Managing Agents, Surveyors, and Contractors etc.
- Oversee and assist with the implementation of the PPM plans for each asset ensuring that their requirements are balanced with the strategic plan for the asset and other expenditure.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years PQE experience and a strong technical background, and with a good working knowledge of the RICS Code of Service Charge Practice.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of excellent customer service and best practice Property Management.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve targets / deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety legislation ideally with regulatory & CDM knowledge. IOSH or NEBOSH preferred, but not essential.
- An interest and some experience in sustainability and energy efficiency, and its application to commercial property is desirable.
- Experience in managing construction and refurbishment projects will be a benefit, though training will be provided.
- A high level of MSWord, Excel, and Database (web hosted and MS Access) abilities. Experience with Office 365, Sharepoint, OneDrive will be beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills capable of liaising with a wide range of colleagues, tenants, contractors etc.