Assistant Project Manager
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
* Location: London (Vauxhall) (you may be required to work from other environments from time to time i.e. secondment arrangements)
* Project sectors: Commercial, Residential, Hotels, Education
* Project values: £250k - £500m
* Professional development: Full guidance and mentor to support you for RICS/CIOB/APM
* Salary: Competitive
Are you looking for a new challenge, more sector exposure and a non-corporate professional & social environment?
In this Assistant Project Manager our client is looking for an ambitious and talented individual with a will to learn to provide support in the delivery of projects across London. At this consultancy you will have the opportunity to work on projects across different sectors, giving you exposure to a range of refurbishments and new builds in the commercial, residential, hotel and education sectors.
* Degree qualified in the built environment or relevant discipline
* 1-2 years experience in property, construction or project management in the UK
* Good technical grounding in all main areas of project management
* Outgoing and confident person with a professional approach
* High level computer skills with knowledge of MS Project
* A long-term goal to develop a career in the construction consultancy sector
* A desire to develop your skills and gain a professional accreditation (RICS, CIOB, APM) Your Day-to-Day
* Manage design teams and contractors
* Develop project documentation, programmes and reports
* Undertake contract administration
* Build relationships with clients and manage their expectations
* Monitor and report on the contractor's progress against the contract programme MAIN DUTIES Project administration
* Setup the internal QA filing system
* Develop and manage standard project documents such as; project directory, meeting schedule, project brief, Project Execution Plans (PEP), Action, Risk, Change, Instruction and Defects registers
* Arrange meetings and workshops including writing agendas and minutes
* Interfacing with the client, stakeholders, consultants and contractors
* Develop the master programme and monitor progress
* Develop weekly/fortnightly dashboard reports and monthly reports
* Support in workshops including risk, design and value engineering
* Support in establishing the project governance process
* Support in establishing planning requirements and tracking their progress
* Ensure CDM regulations have been followed throughout the delivery of a project
* Support in the post project review Procurement & Tendering
* Support in tendering and procurement of consultants and contractors
* Support with feasibility studies and arranging site surveys
* Support in establishing site utilities requirements and procurement of necessary works
* Support in producing the procurement strategy report
* Support in the collation of contract documents Contract Administration
* Issuing contract instructions
* Prepare certificates in accordance with the building contract - payment certificates, sectional completion, practical completion, end of defects etc.
* Support in managing change control (variations)
* Support in the handover process and moves management
* Prepare the defects schedule and administer closeout of defects
* Support in the negotiation of final accounts (The above duties are not exhaustive and subject to the changing requirements of the business).
You will be given support to manage small projects and assist senior members on larger schemes. You will also be given a mentor to lead you through your professional accreditation (RICS/CIOB/APM).
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity with a growing consultancy that have won a lions share of projects in the past months.
Send your application in today to Leanne.email@example.com
This is an immediate role and interviews will happen ASAP! So do not delay.