Chartered Building Surveyor
Conrad Consulting is a trusted recruitment partner to the industry's leading firms and we work hard with our clients to ensure together, we can offer you the best vacancies in the market; if you read on you will find this vacancy is just that.
We are currently looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to fill a permanent opening with a company located in the City Centre of Edinburgh. Interested candidates must have a range of surveying experience from project to professional and at least 5 years postgraduate experience.
Responsibilities of the Chartered Building Surveyor:
- Advising clients about building/property issues, which can include technical, financial, legal, environmental/sustainability, building regulation and restoration matters.
- Undertaking building surveys.
- Monitoring the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work.
- Deliver projects from inception to completion to meet the projects objectives.
- Negotiating the repair of work or a financial settlement if required.
- Managing projects and/or multidisciplinary teams
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken
- Contract Administration
- Dilapidation Liability Assessment Reports on behalf of Landlord and Tenant
- Schedules of Condition
- Party Wall Duties
Requirements of the Chartered Building Surveyor:
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- At least 5 years postgraduate experience with provable technical delivery experience
- Able to work as part of a multi disciplinary team to deliver a project.
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with private sector clients
- IT skills (AutoCAD, NBS, MS Project, Outlook, Word, Excel and other bespoke software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
On offer for the Chartered Building Surveyor:
- Salary of up to £40,000
- Car allowance
- Pension Contribution of 12%
- Professional Subscriptions Paid
- Life Assurance at 4x salary
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Discretionary Bonus
- Share Save Scheme
What happens next:
On receipt of your application our dedicated Surveying & Project Management recruiter, Rees Allan, will contact you to discuss this opportunity in full detail. Rees will disclose the name of our client to you prior to sending your CV to this, or any other company we are working with.
**We don't advertise all our vacancies. If this role isn't quite right for you, please get in touch with Rees to find out more about other opportunities. **
We offer a 'REFER A FRIEND' bonus up to £500 for a successful referral