CLOSING DATE: 03/07/19
DEPARTMENT: Legal and Estates
LOCATION: Operations Centre, Bath
STARTING SALARY: £27,060 - £36,307 dependent on experience
PACKAGE: 40 hours, defined contribution pension scheme
Are you a highly motivated individual with estate management experience? Are you interested in helping to manage a diverse property portfolio? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you in our estates department.
Wessex Water is one of the top performing water and sewerage companies in the UK, serving 2.8 million customers across the south west of England. It is part of the Wessex Water Group, which comprises a number of other companies alongside our regulated business, including engineering and construction, property development and waste management and renewable energy services.
Based at our Operations centre in Bath, you will be a key member of our estates team and integral to the management our 3,500ha estate. The property portfolio includes agricultural holdings, source protection land, houses, offices and operational assets.
Reporting to the property manager, you will deal with a wide range of rural property matters across our region.
The role includes:
- assisting with the day-to-day management of the property portfolio and providing advice and information to internal and external stakeholders as well as the public
- providing landlord and tenant support to the property manager in a wide range of matters, including negotiating residential, agricultural, telecoms, recreational and miscellaneous lettings
- assessing rents, renewing leases/licences and exploring other income opportunities
- assisting in the preparation and delivery of an annual planned work schedule to ensure the departmental managed building portfolio is maintained to an appropriate condition and meets all statutory requirements/regulation
- disposing of surplus property and negotiating easements
- assisting with the acquisition of land and rights to facilitate capital works or operational requirements
- supporting the implementation of effective land management consistent with our conservation, access and recreation aims
Applications are sought from individuals with:
- a further or higher qualification in land/estate management together with at least three years relevant experience in a property or estate management role
- membership to RICS (this isn't essential if suitable experience can be demonstrated)
- good communication skills and the ability to negotiate and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, from landowners and members of the public to engineers and contractors
- the ability to organise, problem solve, use their initiative, multitask and work under pressure with good attention to detail
- the ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- a full valid driving licence
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- essential car user allowance
- defined contribution pension scheme
- 24 days' pro rata holiday rising to 28 days with length of service
- childcare vouchers
- cycle2Work scheme
- discounts and cashback scheme from more than 1,200 high street and online suppliers
Sound interesting? Please apply by clicking APPLY below quoting job reference REQ002790. The closing date is 3rd July 2019.
Please remember you must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained. All offers of employment will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records check.