Senior Development Manager
The Senior Development Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of complex development projects through defined milestones, from inception through to completion.
Our client is a well-established development company with a strong track record in delivering quality projects in the London Residential market. They currently have a portfolio pipeline of circa 3,000 units, at various stages from conception through to construction delivery stage, and are currently looking to acquire further large scale opportunities across London and Home Counties.
- Management of projects through defined development milestones and achieve agreed project KPIs.
- Assist the Operations Director on site assembly and due diligence during land acquisition.
- Directing project team on the production of all relevant documentation to secure all necessary approvals/authorities to proceed with the development.
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of planning applications. Secure planning consents within budget and programme.
- Overseeing the production of project development brief with well-defined objectives, cost target, programme and deliverables, making sure the development brief fit with the Company's product guide.
- Appointment and management of professional teams.
- Assist with the negotiation of main construction contract to ensure compliance with the development brief and budget.
- Overseeing the construction of the projects.
- Delivery of projects to the agreed budget, standard and programme.
- Lead value management and value engineering exercise to maximise project returns.
- Managing project finance to ensure project spending is within budget.
- Overseeing the production of project financial report and monthly progress report.
- Assist the Operations Director on budget and resource planning.
- Coordinate with the internal Sales and Marketing team to implement the sales and marketing strategy.
- Overseeing preparation for and enable the successful hand over of the project to the internal Asset Management team at completion.
In order to be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in partnership with local authority or public sector body.
- Good understanding of the property development process, in particular planning and construction.
A competitive salary and good bonus and benefits package.