Quantity Surveyor, Fit-Out, Real Estate Consultancy – Central London
3 days left
- Job Position
My client is one of the leading consultancy providers to the Corporate and Office sector. Using their skills, processes and knowledge, they provide industry-leading services to their clients.
They are passionate about making a difference, which means delivering better outcomes for their clients and encouraging individuals to realise their potential.
You will be a Cost Manager based in their London City office, undertaking all pre and post contract cost management duties on a range of new build and refurbishment projects. You will be preparing early feasibility cost estimates, advising clients on adding value to their projects, procurement and post contract cost control.
Their clients value their proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality they deliver. As a result, they enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
• MRICS qualified
• UK Cost Management experience within the Real Estate/Property sector
• Experience working on larger projects of £10m value or over (or equivalent)
• Experience working on new build and fit-out projects
• Excellent communication skills and client facing
Commission Management, to include:
• Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
• Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
• Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
• Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
• Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
• Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
• Inputting into value engineering
• Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
• Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
• Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
Marketing and business development, to include:
• Identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager and by making effective use of the marketing database
• Assisting in the production of bid documentation Identifying ways in which cost management procedures, templates and products can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager.
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
• Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the internal database
• Financial management – Utilising FMS in order to keep track of the ongoing margin levels
• Process improvement – Identifying ways in which internal systems and processes can be improved and referring ideas to the appropriate line manager reporting.
• Depending upon context, a Cost Manager is likely to report to a Senior Cost Manager, Area Manager or Associate Director.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact Alex Suzanne on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor, Fit-Out, Real Estate Consultancy – Central London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly