Assistant Building Surveyor
Our client is a long established, international company with a great reputation for delivering a variety of consultancy services to a diverse client range. They place great emphasis on staff training and development which allows them to provide an unrivaled level of service. Joining them means you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure great career experience and opportunities are provided for you to take advantage of.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Building Surveyor.
Being a new team, you will have an opportunity to become an integral part of its growth. It’s an exciting time to be joining, and if you enjoy working on a diverse range of projects and being part of a multi-disciplinary team within a large organization, then our client would be interested in hearing from you.
The Assistant Building Surveyor role should interest candidates who have the technical expertise in delivering Building Surveying Services to clients but in particular those who are interested in all aspects of design and specification. If successful, you will work closely with the Senior Surveyors and Managing Surveyors.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertaking a wide range of building surveying duties, under supervision
• Assist in the growth of our professional services offering (party wall and acquisitions being a major part of this role)
• Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules etc and the overall management of minor works projects in the South East
• Design and Specification including the preparation of drawings
• Attendance at / and leading on meetings with clients and other technical specialists;
• Delivery and management of project teams to ensure projects are on time and budget.
• Contributing technical skills and knowledge to the team in order to maintain and improve the quality of our work and the expertise of our people;
You will be responsible for managing small to medium scale projects and therefore will be confident in delegating where necessary and/or asking for support and advice from the more senior members of the team. You will be client focused, looking at opportunities to reduce risk and issues associated with schemes. This will require close working with other specialists to realise innovative solutions to design.
• You will be a motivated and sharp minded Building Surveyor who has:
• A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Experience in professional building surveying services
• An ability to manage own time
• Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
• Technical surveying knowledge, demonstrating growing experience and ability
• A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
• Strong written and communication skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional manner
• Commercially aware
• Builder of strong working relationships
• Self motivated
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Good report and letter writing skills
• Innovative and proactive.
Please feel free to get in touch if you'd like to learn more, alternatively apply with updated CV.