5 days left
Scale 6 £37,849 - £42,683 plus market supplement
Hours per week
37 hours per week
Winchester is steeped in history and this heritage is part of what makes our district such a special place to live, work, and visit. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community.
The Council has a large development programme including a new leisure park with 50m pool, a housing development programme with over 100 units currently under construction, with significant commercial, industrial and operational property developments underway or proposed.
We are looking for a self motivated and well organised individual who is adept at managing a busy workload to join our colleagues in the Estates team. Good negotiation and people management skills are essential in this role for developing and maintaining effective relationships with our suppliers. You must be able to use your initiative, and be innovative and flexible in your approach to completing your work as the portfolio includes both historic and modern buildings.
As part of the Building Surveying team you will prepare specifications, schedules of works and contract documents for tendering or pricing by contractors to meet planned maintenance, development and major works programmes. You will conduct inspections and regular checks as necessary to ensure on-site delivery is to a high standard and meets requirements. You will work closely with colleagues in the Estates team and with other service leads to, plan and deliver of procuring new premises and maintain the condition of the existing commercial and operational estate. You will also need to carryout investigations on site into building defects or problems and produce technical reports with recommendations.
The successful post holder will have
- Previous experience of working in a construction environment or in a similar role
- A degree in a relevant construction related subject and relevant post qualification experience
- Membership of the RICS
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation including CDM
- Proven successful project management and contract administration of planned, cyclical and major repairs projects
- The ability to estimate and value projects of rates or proprietary indices
- Experience of managing works using term contracts
- IT literate and the ability to use autocad and MS Projects
- A basic understanding of building pathology and the ability to diagnose building related defects
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. At Winchester City Council, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable.
In return, we offer: an excellent package of benefits including:
- Salary up to £49,113 per annum (inclusive of market supplement)
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Essential car user allowance
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- 25 days annual leave per year, rising to 32 days with service (pro rata)
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
Closing date - 28th June 2019
Interview date - TBC
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page