Estates Surveyor (Part time)
5 days left
Estates Surveyor (Part time)
Scale 5 £30,507 - £34,788 plus market supplement of £6,564 (pro rata per annum)
Hours per week
Winchester is steeped in history and this heritage is part of what makes our district such a special place to live, work, and visit. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community.
The Council has a large and varied operational and commercial property portfolio. There is a significant development programme including a new leisure park with 50m pool, a housing development programme with over 100 units currently under construction, with commercial, industrial and operational property developments underway or proposed.
We are looking for a self motivated and well organised individual who is adept at managing a busy workload to join our colleagues in the Estates team. Good negotiation and people management skills are essential in this role for developing and maintaining effective relationships with our tenants and contractors. You must be able to use your initiative, and be innovative and flexible in your approach to completing your work as the portfolio includes both historic and modern buildings.
As part of the Estates team you will be responsible for undertaking acquisition, management, disposal and valuation work. You will work closely with colleagues in the Estates team and with other service leads to, plan and deliver new premises and manage the commercial and operational estate. You will also need to carryout investigations on site to deal with title defects or boundary problems and produce property reports with recommendations.
The successful post holder will have
- Previous experience of working on the valuation, acquisition, management and disposal of property in a mixed use operational and commercial portfolio
- A degree in a relevant valuation and estate management subject and relevant 2 years post qualification experience
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation including CDM
- Proven successful project and financial management skills
- The ability to estimate and value projects of rates or proprietary indices
- Experience of managing contractors and consultants
- IT literate
- A basic understanding of building pathology and the ability to diagnose building related defects
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you. At Winchester City Council, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable.
In return, we offer: an excellent package of benefits including:
- Salary up to £43,352 per annum (inclusive of market supplement) per annum pro rata
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Essential car user allowance
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- 25 days annual leave per year, rising to 32 days with service (pro rata)
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
Closing date - 28th June 2019
Interview date - TBC
To apply for this role, please click on the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page