National Project Manager - Heritage
National Project Manager
As a National Project Manager you will working directly within the heart of English conservation. You will be working on projects to conserve historic buildings, monuments and landscapes for the Nation and for future generations.
The Estates Department is made up of four key teams providing technical, managerial and leadership skills and professional expertise for conserving and maintaining, repairing and enhancing the historic sites.
The National Projects Team are responsible for the planning and delivery of all major projects carried out across the clients vast Estate, including maintenance, repair and conservation projects and capital investment.
What you'll achieve in this role:
- As a National Project Manager you will use your professional skills and experience to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to agreed standards.
- You will lead and inspire in-house and external teams to work together to deliver projects that both conserve sites for future generations and to help visitors to experience the story of England where it happened.
- You will have experience of working on historic building or heritage projects and will be able to manage discussions between consultants, statutory consultees and in-house colleagues on conservation proposals to satisfactory conclusions.
- You will understand the commercial drivers for capital project undertaken to increase income and meet financial targets and so require strong cost control, risk and performance management skills.
- You will manage projects and project management systems providing suitable timely reporting to allow effective management of the combined project programmes.
- You will provide a project delivery service to in-house Clients who often bring varied exemplary skills and talents to the organisation but may have limited experience in projects and will need your professional guidance and expertise to together reach successful project outcomes.
- You will work closely with other members of the National Projects Team and will share best practice, innovative ideas and useful experience to continually improve the Team's project management service.
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Proven track record of Project Management of successful new build construction and interpretation projects.
- Relevant Project Management experience in the historic and conservation environment.
- Experience of delivering projects requiring management of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage a range of projects in parallel, prepare achievable programmes of work and identify critical path analysis to ensure success of multiple project delivery
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in a building or construction discipline.
- A good understanding of current building conservation principles and techniques. .
- Familiar with current building regulations and statutory requirements in the context of the historic building environment.
- A sound understanding of the commercial drivers that make a project successful in terms of return on investment (ROI).
- A sound general business understanding including an appreciation of current market trends and activities in the heritage sector.
- Experience of managing planned maintenance and repair projects across a wide range of historic buildings and monuments including ruins and furnished historic houses.
- Ability to write professional level reports and present them.
- A competent computer user and literate with the MS Office suite.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage commercial negotiations or difficult conversations on behalf of client with Contractors or Consultants as required
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-starter with the ability to complete projects to the standard and timescales required.
This role requires travel to sites that are often in remote locations and so a full driving licence is advantageous. Occasional overnight stays away from home will also be required.
This is a Fantastic role for an individual that is truly interested and passionate about Heritage projects. This role is immediate and interviews are taking place in the next couple of weeks.
DO NOT DELAY send you application TODAY!
Leanne.email@example.com or call 0207 033 3100