Senior Building Surveyor - Education
- Senior Building Surveyor
- Up to £65,000 + Healthcare + 5% Pension + Package + Progression to Associate
- Multi-disciplinary Consultancy
- Billericay, Essex
Great opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor experienced in the Education sector to take up an integral role within this well-regarded Multidisciplinary Consultancy, with progression to Associate.
Our client is a multidisciplinary building consultancy, providing building surveying, architecture, building engineering services, planning and sustainability advice within a range of industry sectors, including; commercial, healthcare, education, residential and community.
With commissions range from large-scale new-build and refurbishment projects to medium size design and construction work, our client is experiencing national growth across all offices and is now recruiting for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor for their office in Billericay, Essex.
As a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor you will join a team specialising in the education sector .
Person Specification – Senior Building Surveyor:
The successful applicant will be a Senior or Associate Chartered Building Surveyor with full RICS membership - MRICS
You will have proven senior level experience in Education projects and proven business development skills.
You will be a technically competent with experience across a range of instructions
Comfortable in a client facing role, you will have an outgoing approach and be adept at Business Development.
Roles & Responsibilities – Senior Building Surveyor:
- Working across a variety of professional services projects from inception to completion.
- Marketing the services and the Practice to new and existing clients in order to increase workload. This is a very important aspect of the role and will require time to be set aside specifically for marketing including working with the marketing team to ensure maximum coverage and effect.
- Work to continually improve team profitability by managing time and resources allocated to projects and by ensuring that time spent on projects is recorded and that fee invoicing is carried out at appropriate stages. To monitor and report the same against targets.
- To have a clear understanding of client expectations including their aims for the development of the brief.
- Liaise with other consultants, internal and external, to ensure fully integrated production of documentation for the work.
- Liaise with all necessary authorities in relation to the work.
- Attend site for meetings to understand and clearly define clients’ expectations to provide advice, keep them informed of progress and make them aware of technical and financial implications.
- Manage similar works undertaken by team members to ensure quality and timeliness of service provided to clients and act as the point of contact for the practice.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in managing a team
- Experience preparing bills of quantities in both SMM7 and NRM format
- Experience of working in the education and healthcare sector, is desirable.
Salary & Package – Senior Building Surveyor:
Our client is offering a salary of up to £65,000 per annum depending on your level of experience, along with the following package:
- Pension – 5% Employee pension contribution. Done through salary sacrifice so more tax efficient.
- Private Healthcare
Soft Benefits– Senior Building Surveyor:
Alongside this generous package our client also offers a number of soft benefits to keep their staff happy and healthy!
- Away weekends
- Inter-office football tournament
- Summer party
- Christmas Party
- Various social events throughout the year
APPLY – Senior Building Surveyor:
To discuss this opportunity in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – email@example.com or apply on this page.
Senior Building Surveyor Jobs from HD Surveyors