Hotel Director - London/Europe
Our client is an international property firm and has a key position for a Valuer at Director level to oversee valuations for hotel assets. The role will be based from London and will involve regular travel to European cities and beyond.
Providing a comprehensive valuation service to high profile hotel operators, landowners, property companies, pension funds and private equity firms, you will be providing valuations in the context of accounts, tax, stock market, acquisition and sales purposes. You will play a central role in providing fund managers with key data in helping them to create investment strategies and adopt asset management incentives in order to drive investment performance. You will be part of a team who together, provide c. 1000 valuations per year with a total value in excess of £18m across a mixture of asset classes including offices, retail, industrial and alternative assets.
About the role:
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual valuations with particular focus on hotel assets
- Provide a responsive and high quality service for some of the best-known institutions, propcos and funds in the UK
- Undertake property inspections, extensive due diligence and utilise internal and external databases
- Work closely with agency and investment colleagues in order to obtain relevant market information
- Use bespoke valuation models together with systems such as Argus Capitalisation and Developer
- Develop client relationships and undertake scenario-based appraisals, pre-purchase due-diligence, assist with fund reporting, liaison with managing agents, asset managers and other advisers, to provide value added initiatives
- Actively network with colleagues in other divisions to cross-sell and develop strong relationships externally
- Highly experienced in valuing operational assets for loan security and portfolio purposes
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Exposure to funds/institutions/propcos
- Experienced in client reporting
- Highly numerical and experienced in Argus
- Strong eye for detail
- Track record of fee generation
This is a top 5, leading property consultancy and as such their name is closely linked to providing a high level of service to clients along with the extensive client base one would expect from a company of this size/stature. You role will be to develop this client base further and leverage their brand to help achieve market share.
You will be given a structured career path and rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration scheme. The team are very well-established in their field and enjoy each other’s company along with a collegiate spirit. As well as offering a lively social scene and activities outside of work, there are regular incentives including team trips abroad.