Building Control Surveyor
An established insurance and warranty provider are seeking to grow their current team by appointing a Risk Management Surveyor from a Building Control or Clerk of Works background. In return you will receive an attractive package including salary of up to £45,000, car lease scheme and payment of professional subscriptions.
Key clients include builders, developers and private clients within the residential and commercial sectors. The company currently employs over 350 members of staff and approximately 200 of these are field-based technical staff.
As a Building Control Surveyor, your role will involve the following:
- Surveys and inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations
- Effectively self-manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site
- Carry out Developer assessments during the life of the project
- Completing reports and documentation based on site findings
- Frequent liaison with peers and management on technical matters
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio
The successful Building Control Surveyor will meet the following criteria:
- Previous/ current role as a Building Control Surveyor, Officer, Inspector, or Risk Management Surveyor
- Ideally you will be chartered, or at associate level with relevant experience (TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI..)
- Understanding of general insurance principles
- In depth knowledge of relevant regulations and health & safety legislation
- Knowledge of warranties, quality control or defect resolution
- Full UK driving licence
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Salary of £38,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Mileage allowance/ car lease scheme
- Annual salary reviews
- 25 days' leave
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Professional fees paid
- Training and development
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.