West Suffolk Council, formerly St Edmundsbury Borough Council and Forest Heath District Council, is forward thinking and innovative. West Suffolk Council is taking an increased commercial approach to changes in the public sector environment and there are a wide range of exciting initiatives underway.
The Estates Surveyor Role:
Property is at the core of many of the council’s initiatives and as an Estate Surveyor you will play a vital role assisting with the management of the incredibly diverse and mainly commercial portfolio of over 400 operational and non-operational properties that includes industrial premises, local shopping centres, scheduled ancient monuments and even a world class entertainment venue.
Responsibilities of our Estates Surveyor:
- Work closely with our existing tenants and maximising the value of our various land holdings
- Undertaking site visits, securing new lettings, undertaking landlord and tenant negotiations, rent collection/debt management, managing the disposals of surplus assets, assisting in new property acquisitions, market valuations
- Assisting with projects to deliver the financial and operational objectives of the council
Our ideal Estates Surveyor:
- Part-qualified or recently qualified MRICS
- Experience and a track record of delivering best value from actively managing a property portfolio and property asset based projects
- Some public sector experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
What can we offer our Estates Surveyor?
In return we can offer you a competitive salary and pension scheme membership, as well as performance related pay rewards for those who excel. We offer flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities and generous annual leave entitlement, with an option to buy additional leave for those special occasions that arise in life. We also offer a benefits package which includes discounts on supermarkets and high street shops, cashback on holidays, cycle to work scheme and money off household bills.
Closing date: Monday 22nd July
There’s never been a more challenging or interesting time to be in local government.
If you are driven to deliver successful and innovative solutions to a forward thinking public sector organisation, and are up for the challenge and possess the relevant property experience, why not click ‘apply’ today to become our Estates Surveyor. We’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share these commitments.