Maintenance Surveyor - Suffolk
I am currently working with a Local Authority in Suffolk currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Surveyor to join their Major Capital Schemes team.
The role will be based around reporting to the Assistant Operations Manager (Corporate R & M) to provide a comprehensive, high quality, client focussed service for the effective maintenance and improvement of the operational property portfolio within legal, financial, quality, time and policy constraints. Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation/regulations and provide a single point of contact for building managers for technical matters.
Summary of key roles:
- Head project teams for construction projects including selecting, organising and managing the team of consultants and contractors and co-ordinating their programme activities, assist the AOM (R & M) in the delivery of the department's Service Improvement plan.
- Undertake, check and produce technical feasibility studies, provide budgetary estimates, prepare drawings, specification and contract documentation for the adaptation, refurbishment, repair and maintenance of corporate property portfolio (using where required technical engineering equipment).
- Obtain the necessary statutory approvals for approved projects such as Planning, Building Regulations, Health & Safety Executive etc.
- Life-cycle costing analysis, development of specification of sustainable products and development of partnership approach with suppliers, aiming to improve the overall service provided.
- Investigate property engineering defects and advise / implement appropriate action (including outside of normal working hours).Prepare reports, surveys & schedules and give professional / technical engineering / surveying advice being the Council's single point of contact for the corporate estate.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an hourly rate of £23-27 per hour, depending on your experience, for a 3 month contract, comprising of 37 hours over 5 days per week. There will be an opportunity for flexible and home-working once you settle with them.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben Brown at Park Avenue Recruitment.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.