Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with infrastructure/highways and NEC experience for our Bristol Office to service highways and infrastructure projects in Wales and the South West of England.
Faithful+Gould is currently recruiting for Project Manager to be based in our Wales and South West Region. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with our Infrastructure team, with the potential for rapid career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of infrastructure projects up to £200m and to develop the Infrastructure team in the South West.
We are looking for a collaborative, motivated and individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the infrastructure, highways and civil engineering sector.
- Build successful working relationships with local and national highways authority clients
- Provide support to the regional infrastructure management team in the growth of the sector regionally.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as NEC3 Project Manager for projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognised institutional body
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects as Project Manager under the NEC form
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding of the broader Faithful+Gould and Atkins business including having an awareness of the Strategic objectives
- Good awareness of the range of services provided by Faithful+Gould and Atkins.
- Familiarity and effective use of the organisation’s (Company) Policies, and corporate systems and processes of delivering tasks.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.