Development Surveyor - Consultancy
Development Surveyor. London, UK
Up to £37K per annum plus benefits and bonus.
The Development team provides development consulting and certain agency related advice in connection with a wide range of development projects across, primarily the residential and retail sectors. Projects are frequently large and complex in their nature, and invariably require cross-consultancy support from within the Financial Consulting, Regeneration and Spatial Planning, Compulsory Purchase and Planning teams
The role requires a qualified surveyor with experience of development appraisal, development advisory, acquisition and disposal work, and ideally legal agreements and OJEU partner procurement processes.
Working as part of this highly regarded team, you will principally take responsibility supporting Seniors and Associates to deliver projects by:
- Undertaking physical and financial appraisals of mixed-tenure and mixed-use development sites;
- Market research and advisory;
- Working with financial analysts, inputting into and appraising financial models;
- Advising Local Authorities, developers and landowners on affordable housing and S106 viability issues;
- Assisting with OJEU partner procurement processes on major residential-led mixed-use projects;
- Assist in preparing formal reports and valuations endorsing the terms of sale/purchase;
- Liaison with Local Authorities, developers and private landowners; and
- Co-ordinating sub-consultants in the provision of technical survey and consultancy advice to support residential-led mixed-use projects.
This person will assist in providing clear direction and development consultancy advice, guiding public and private sector clients through the asset evolution process using planning and market appraisal, development appraisal, funding, legal and strategy formulation expertise. The role frequently involves drawing together and coordinating advice from other business units across the Firm as necessary.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Surveyor. They must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Personal drive and ambition;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Numerate and analytical;
- Experience of residual appraisals and cashflows;
- Knowledge of affordable housing;
- An eye for business development; and
- Ideally will be a RICS Registered Valuer.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all.