Managing Quantity Surveyor
Managing Quantity Surveyor
£60,000 - £75,000, (two year fixed-term contract or permanent)
About the role:
We're looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor to the Horton Heath project team. In support of the Commercial Manager, this role will play an important part in aspects of commercial delivery within the project, including but not limited to:
- Implementation of the commercial delivery strategy for the project
- Producing cost budgets for inclusion in the overall development appraisal and sensitivity analysis
- Selection and procurement of Consultants suppliers and contractors in accordance with Eastleigh Borough Council and OJEU guidelines
- Participate in production of construction budgets and estimating functions for each element of project delivery
- Monitor and update cash flow for each element of project delivery
- Directly accountable for project related budgets and cost centres including planning, design, infrastructure, construction
- Financial management of selected accounts including procurement (in accordance with OJEU processes where required), placing contracts, management of variations, management of payment process, agreement of final accounts and reporting of accounts in accordance with EBC Process and Procedures
- Management of claims and accurate and timely reporting of claim occurrences
- Participate in the risk management process including providing financial information to the risk management schedules and provision of advice on risk mitigation
- Review and authorise internal and external bills related to the project
- Capture, record and report on financial/commercial performance data
- Control and management of cash flow and accurate cash flow reporting
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual holding a degree and/ or equivalent professional qualification in an appropriate subject (Quantity Surveying, RICS etc.).
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge of development and contracting within a similar role, on projects of similar scale and complexity and will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of procurement, letting of contracts, cost management, cost reporting, cash flow production and reporting. An understanding and experience of OJEU procurement rules and processes would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work with enthusiasm and focus and be an effective negotiator with the ability to manage and motivate more junior members of the team. They must work well as part of the team as well as the ability to use their own initiative to solve problems.
They will be IT literate with particular expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word. An ability to use Powerpoint and Project would also be beneficial. The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to disseminate complex financial information so as to ensure it is understandable to all.
If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for and this is of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to HRInfo@eastleigh.gov.uk
For an informal discussion about this role please call Alex Richardson, Talent Acquisition on 023 8068 8322