Infrastructure Quantity Surveyor
Infrastructure Quantity Surveyor
£55,000 - £70,000, (two year fixed-term contract or permanent)
About the role
We're looking to appoint an Infrastructure Quantity Surveyor to the Horton Heath project team. The role will support the Commercial Manager and play an important part of the delivery of the Horton Heath Project. Responsibilities will focus on, but are not limited to Infrastructure and include;
- Implementation of the commercial delivery strategy for the project
- Producing cost budgets for inclusion in the overall development appraisal and provide sensitivity analysis
- Selection and procurement of Consultants, suppliers, and works contractors in accordance with Eastleigh Borough Council and OJEU guidelines where applicable
- Participate in production of construction budgets and estimating functions for each element of project delivery
- Monitor and update cash flow for each element of project delivery
- Directly accountable for project related budgets and cost centres for the relevant elements of work
- Financial management of selected accounts including procurement (in accordance with OJEU processes where required), placing contracts, management of variations, management of payment process, agreement of final accounts and reporting of accounts in accordance with EBC Process and Procedures
- Management of claims and accurate and timely reporting of claim occurrences
- Participate in the risk management process including providing financial information to the risk management schedules and provision of advice on risk mitigation
- Review and authorise internal and external bills related to the project
- Capture, record and report on financial/commercial performance data
- Control and management of cash flow and accurate cash flow reporting
- Management of the Utilities procurement and budgeting process
The successful candidate will be a motivated individual holding a degree and/ or equivalent professional qualification in an appropriate subject (Quantity Surveying, Engineering, RICS etc.).
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge of development and contracting within a similar role, on projects of similar scale and complexity and will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of procurement, letting of contracts, cost management, cost reporting, cash flow production and reporting with specific relation to Highways Infrastructure and Utilities. An understanding and experience of OJEU procurement rules and processes would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work with enthusiasm and focus and be an effective negotiator with the ability to manage and motivate more junior members of the team. They must work well as part of the team as well as the ability to use their own initiative to solve problems.
They will be IT literate with particular expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word. An ability to use Powerpoint and Project would also be beneficial. The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to disseminate complex financial information so as to ensure it is understandable by non-technical members of EBC.
If you have the skills and motivation we are looking for and this is of interest to you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to HRInfo@eastleigh.gov.uk
For an informal discussion about this role please call Alex Richardson, Talent Acquisition on 023 8068 8322