Quantum Survey & Project Management are seeking to recruit an experienced Building Surveyor with proven Contract Administrator / Project Management skills and knowledge.
The role requires the ability to work efficiently on your own or as part of a project team but, can also provide leadership responsibilities whilst setting clear appropriate objectives for others. Excellent communication skills are essential due to the nature of the role and the parties that are worked with on a daily basis: contractor / client etc
The role will include:
- Site surveys of damaged buildings (Domestic, Commercial and Industrial). Recording all damage and defects
- Compiling detailed schedule of works
- Undertaking the role of Contract Administrator
- Liaising with clients, agents, consultants, loss adjusters throughout the pre & construction phase of the project, effectively project managing the rebuild / repairs process
- Evidencing and recording in support of any variations or unforeseen works items
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and current building regulations
- Valuing contractor’s work and variations on an interim basis and the issuing of the required Certification for Payments
- Compilation of final accounts
Overall experience of managing construction projects between £50K - £2 million, including working with legal contracts such as the range of JCT contracts.
An understanding of CDM Regulations 2015 and The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 is essential for this role.
- NVQ3 Construction Contracting Operations (Surveying) Working towards MRICS / AssocRICS / MCIOB, MCABE, BSc(Hons) MSc Building Surveying/Construction Management
- A knowledge of insurance reinstatement projects would be desirable but not essential
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel & Word / Office 365
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- Executive company car
- Company bonus
- Company pension contribution
This is a full-time position.
Please fill in the form below by uploading your CV and cover letter to apply.