Quantity Surveyor - Leeds
Quantity Surveyor - Leeds
WYG's Cost Consultancy provides clients with high quality, high value advisory services in support of the strategic development, creation and management of sustainable assets. Due to continued success within the practice we are looking to further increase our capacity and capability with the appointment of a Quantity Surveyor with a strong consultancy background.
Based in our Leeds office this is an opportunity to become a key member of the Cost Consultancy team, ensuring that WYG remain market leaders in the delivery of contemporary construction consultancy in our chosen markets.
You will work closely with other WYG regional offices, forging strong working relationships internally and externally with our clients, becoming part of their integrated project teams. Involved in a large portfolio of exciting development opportunities ranging from private to public sector, small scale to in excess of £100m and from feasibility and assessment stage through to completion you will have the opportunity to work autonomously and as part of a wider thriving team, enhancing your existing skill set and ensuring your role and responsibilities remain diverse.
- Full membership of a recognised professional body or working towards full membership (eg RICS)
- Sound knowledge and proven experience in guiding and developing quantity surveying, employer's agent best practice and innovation
- Able to deliver a contemporary quantity surveying and employer's agent service focused on client satisfaction
- Able to provide an efficient, collaborative, well governed service using modern management techniques to deliver our projects successfully
- Experience working on major projects with a demonstrable track record of a high standard of technical delivery
- Experience managing both internal and external project teams
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the capacity to build strong working relationships at all levels
- A strategic thinker, able to convey ideas both verbally and in report form to clients, external stakeholders and the design team
- Able to adapt strategies in line with changing priorities
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development with support to achieve your career goals.