Valuer - Specialist Assets
Valuer - Specialist Assets
£30,000 - £40,000 DOE+ benefits
Our clients team specialises in education, healthcare and charity property providing a wide range of services from valuations of specialist assets for loan security to advice on financial reporting and purchase and disposal. Their charity focus involves valuation led strategic advice as part of The Charities Act, often leading do disposal of vacant and trading assets and development opportunities. The team often works with their Capital Markets and National Investment teams to provide due diligence advice on purchase and disposals in the alternatives sector.
The wider department advises on asset valuations and business rates for Universities, Museums and NHS Trusts as well as some of the more ‘traditional commercial and residential valuations’ with separate teams providing leasehold enfranchisement advice to some of the major central London estates and advice to licensed and leisure clients.
The requirement is for a qualified surveyor to undertake specialist valuations, mostly in respect of schools, colleges, nurseries, ecclesiastical property, care homes/supported living, hospitals and the like. You will also support the team in respect of due diligence for purchases and disposals.
The role provides an opportunity to work with leading specialist valuers with a high quality client base and will provide the opportunity to take increasing responsibility working towards building a client base.
The need is for a confident self-starter prepared to use their initiative and be adaptable to varying clients and work types. The individual will need to be a competent surveyor, but training will be given in specialist valuations for loan security, financial reporting, due diligence and compliance with The Charities Act where necessary.
• Undertaking inspections and measuring and referencing specialist property assets.
• Undertaking research and valuations to support purchase and disposal.
• Providing valuation advice to clients for a variety of purposes, including asset valuations for accounts purposes, loan security valuations, valuations for sale and purchase and Charities Act compliance and for use in formulating estates strategies.
• There will be varying degrees of Landlord and Tenant work including rent reviews and lease renewals.
• You will report to a partner in the team and work closely alongside other surveyors, senior surveyors and an associate.
• Liaising with and reporting to clients and developing close client relationships.
• MRICS qualified.
• RICS Registered Valuer
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and to deadlines on own initiative.
• A proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Good understanding of the core valuation methods with some working knowledge of residual and profits valuations, albeit training will be given.
• Strong grasp of Word, Excel and preferably experience in Argus Developer.