Utilities Surveyor - Manchester
Utilities Surveyor - Leeds or Manchester
WYG has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Utility Surveyor to join our UK wide Geospatial team.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to become an important part of a multi-disciplinary survey consultancy. Candidates must ideally be able to prove that are fully competent in utility mapping techniques, including electromagnetic detection and ground penetrating radar. They must also be comfortable with the standard outputs of utility surveying. You will have a strong health and safety culture with experience of operating safe systems of work, be ambitious, enthusiastic and have good communication skills.
Our team is based across the UK working on a variety of projects, therefore flexibility, overnight stays plus weekend and night work may be required.
- Possess an understanding of common industry practices, i.e. PAS128, TSA
- Conversant with RD8100 (or similar) Electro-Magnetic Locators (EML) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Knowledge and proficient use of modern data capture techniques such as Total Stations and GNSS
- Experience using AutoCAD, including data processing, interpretation and presentation of survey results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for report writing and consultancy services we deliver to our clients
- Full driving licence
- Experience in post-processing GPR software
- Topographic surveying experience
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.