Senior Quantity Surveyor
A leading consultancy construction firm are seeking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor & Managing Quantity Surveyor to join the highly successful team in Epsom. Some of the projects you will be working on are high profile and in excess of £100m capital value - this is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience of providing quantity surveying and estimating services to clients and an opportunity to build your career in this field, joining a global consultancy; in return we will provide the necessary support to develop your career to the next level.
The Epsom office will give staff more modern, efficient and flexible working spaces. The design is intended to meet the highest sustainability targets, including BREEAM Excellent and an A rated Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The Epsom office is set in a beautiful location, with fantastic travel links (whether you're travelling by car or public transport) to London and the rest of the UK. The office's current client base covers a variety of different sectors, including Infrastructure, Education, Commercial Office fit out, Corporate Real Estate, Retail, Residential, Aviation and Healthcare.
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership or equivalent recognised institutional body.
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgeably advise the client.
- Strong customer management skills, including managing expectations.
- Ability to represent the company during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
- Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Experience of cost measurement software (e.g. CostX) would be preferred.
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management.
- Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff.
- Experience within one or more sectors including Education, Commercial, Residential, Aviation and Healthcare.
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
- An understanding of current construction tools and initiatives such as BIM and Project soft-landings.
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues.
- Develop client relationships and support the growth of the Epsom team by seeking opportunities with new clients.
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Act as the lead for commercial services multi-disciplinary teams and reviewing and reporting on all aspects of projects within our portfolio.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing the commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Take the lead, setting the pace, and monitoring all work executed, at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients,
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Managing trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness and will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
Fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.