Senior Rural Surveyor
Senior Rural Surveyor North East £40,000 - £60,000 DOE + Benefits
Hays are delighted to be partnering with a well-established and respected organisation operating across the North East. This role specifically has come about through expansion of the existing busy and successful team, where you will become an integral member of the team delivering a professional service to clients across the region.
You will be working within the Rural Land & Business team, delivering excellent customer service for both private and corporate clients, and to develop and expand the work of the department throughout the North East
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform estate and land management duties for private and corporate clients
2. Manage residential and rural properties in the Estate Management team
3. Deal with landlord and tenant matters
4. Undertake estate valuations, including residential and rural property, where required, in line with any necessary guidance and compliance
5. Undertake strategic planning for private and corporate clients
6. Advise on rural sales and acquisitions
7. Undertake compensation and compulsory purchase work
8. Liaise with clients and develop client relationship
9. Manage a growing team of surveyors to ensure excellent client service and develop the skills and experience of the team
10. Develop work from new and existing clients, in association with other colleagues, and maintain an up to date work pipeline
11. Deliver to agreed budget and targets
12. Maintain an up to date time sheet and record all expenditure against client
1. Degree level/RICS accredited
2. Demonstrable experience (in excess of 3 years) of rural estate and land management across a wide client base you will also ideally be a full member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
3. Knowledge and experience of property acquisitions, disposals and landlord and tenant matters.
4. Experience of project management and evidence of successfully delivering estate projects
5. Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients and including the ability to assimilate and convey complex information to a variety of audiences
6. Ability to lead and manage a team
7. Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy
8. Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met
9. Works in an organised and methodical fashion, with high level of attention to
What you'll get in return
In return this organisation can offer a competitive salary, good annual leave entitlement as well as various other benefits.
You will also be given the opportunity to continue in your professional development and will be supported to 'really make your mark within the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.