Senior Estates Surveyor
Senior Estates Surveyor
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; tax free-childcare system scheme; Cyclescheme; car lease scheme; car lease scheme; reduced gym membership, free swims, workplace exercise classes, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users and more. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
My client are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
About The Role
Working within the Property Team you will make a real difference to the shape of our property portfolio and contribute to the success of the Development and Regeneration Team. This is an exciting time to join the Councils and you will be contributing to the achievements of both councils through providing a dynamic estates service.
Experience of surveying is required and you should be a Chartered Surveyor with experience of working for large organisations and preferably of working for Local Government or within the Public Sector.
- Manage both council’s non-operational property holdings (landlord and tenant and associated professional work)
- Lead on strategic property projects on behalf of both councils, including the commissioning and implementation of strategic property reviews (strategic review of all council property holdings to determine whether they should be retained or disposed of)
- Brief and advise members, Head of Service and management team on property related issues as needed
- Manage strategic property consultants at both councils and estates services advisors (South) and to review contracts to determine opportunities for joint working and cost saving
- Provide a consultancy role to other services, such as planning, and in relation to operational property
- Degree qualification
- Professional qualification (RICS), chartered member or (MRICS or FRICS)
- Full Clean Drivers licence
- Good and effective communication skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent beneficial
- At least 5 years previous experience and on the job experience would be an advantage
- Experience of working in Joint Partnerships and with Central Government, NHS and NGOs desirable
You may have experience of the following: Surveyor, Building Surveyor, Chartered Surveyor, Property Surveyor, Surveying, etc.