Quantity Surveyor (PQS) - Project Surveyor / Senior Surveyor
Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Project Surveyor / Senior Surveyor level Quantity Surveyor (PQS) to work with a leading Project and Cost Construction Consultancy in Hampshire.
The organisation are a large and reputable brand within the construction industry, providing consultancy services within the PQS, Project Management and Building Surveying RICS specialisms. Due to significant workloads and growth, they are now looking to expand the team for a number of key projects and accounts.
Opportunities are available for candidates at Project Surveyor / Senior Surveyor level however, other grades will also be considered.
Your new role
Working within within the main Southampton team, or under secondment at a client's offices in Winchester, you will be responsible of undertaking a range of construction cost management consultancy services. Projects will depend on the office your working in however, they may consist of large commercial builds, residential developments, hotels and leisure, universities, schools, offices and other public sector schemes.
As part of your day to day role some of your responsibilities may include, but not limited to;
- Preparing cost plans and estimates
- Undertaking feasibility, measurements and preparing BoQs
- Producing cash flows and forecasting
- Preparation of tender documents and contract administration
- Tender analysis and processing contractor payments
- Post contract management and final accounting
- Day-to-day project management from a cost perspective
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role you will need;
- Proven experience in Construction Cost Management, ideally from within a consultancy environment.
- Experience in pre and post contract tender processes.
- Experience across a breadth or different construction projects and sectors.
- Strong verbal and written communication and numerical skills, with high levels of commercial acumen.
- Hold a relevant degree such as Quantity Surveying.
- Ideally hold or be working towards your MRICS certification.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other opportunity please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 02382 020101.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor (PQS) - Project Surveyor / Senior Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly