QS Technician required for temporary contract with large public sector organisation in Angus.
Your new company
For this job, a well-known organisation, offering flexible working patterns, are seeking a QS Technician to fulfil a temporary contract for a minimum of 2 months with a high likelihood of extending beyond this.
Your new role
In your job as a QS Technician you will:
- Prepare tender and contract documents, ad-hoc reports and assist with committee reports.
- Forecast financial management, including early stage cost studies and budget spend.
- Undertake valuations, site measurements and contractor negotiations. Support the Team Leader - Property Projects and other senior staff as required.
- Contribute towards the objective of delivering a quality service. Ensure all duties are undertaken in compliance with financial regulations and best practice.
- Liaise with other disciplines within the design team and client departments.
- Support, research and advise on innovative design solutions. Participate in the contractor selection process.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need an HNC or above in a relevant Building discipline or equivalent. Experience producing tender documents, estimating minor projects and carrying out valuations. You should also be computer literate.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive hourly rate and a contract lasting up to 6 months within an exciting team that allows flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.