Commercial Manager / Senior Cost Consultant
Commercial Manager/ Senior Cost Consultant Sevenoaks Associate Director
As a leading multi-discipline consultancy working on one of the largest residential projects in London, we require a highly motivated, with a proven track record individual (chartered or equivalent) with significant commercial cost and leadership experience in the following job role.
- Public sector
- Residential including high-rise
- Mixed use developments
- Affordable Housing
- Brownfield sites
Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
- Strong team player
- Motivator Leadership skills in steering and working with team Procurement strategy Residential sector Cost Planning Team spirited,
- Including within DTMs Proactive,
- Client facing Value Engineering Programme management Detailed knowledge of NRM Microsoft Office software Cost X or similar Tender Analysis
- With lateral thinking and problem solving skills
Pre - Contract:
- To head and undertake development appraisals.
- Tender Analysis and Reports
- Cost planning and estimating.
- Work with Design Managers to maximise client development opportunities.
- Support Project Managers and Employer's Agent DTMs.
- Soft market testing options and appraisals.
Post Contract Procedure and Administration:
- Package Procurement
- Provide leadership and support to design teams on residential projects including Project Management services where applicable through to agreement of the Final Account.
- Provision of general cost and contractual advice to Clients and Employer's Agents on residential developments.
- Claims Negotiations
- Strong working knowledge of common construction contracts, with excellent experience in programme management.
- The successful candidate will work within a small, developing team of Quantity Surveyors/Cost Consultants servicing on residential projects ranging from £5m - £150m+.
- Understanding of basic project modelling and financial viability principles.
- To display strength in commercial and development management to existing clients
- Experience in current/innovative procurement routes including joint venture management, value management and value engineering, particularly in a residential context.
- Must be able to assist the business in the development of it's client base.
- Manage, develop and strengthen the Cost Consultancy Team, includingtraining and developing team members, including providing support to junior members.
- Experience of fully understanding and managing the financial aspects of a
- project and keeping the client and relevant parties up to date at all times.
- Introduce and adopt processes and procedures to ensure efficient team delivery and incorporate within the existing accredited QMS system.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Bonus incentive
- Pension contributions
- Life insurance and Private medical insurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- 33 days holiday
- 3-4 days off during Christmas period and birthday off
- Professional subscriptions
- Promotion opportunities
- As a leading multi-discipline consultancy working on one of the largest residential development programmes in London, we require a highly motivated, high achieving individual
- (Chartered or equivalent) with significant commercial cost and leadership experience in the following job role.
Apply for Commercial Manager / Senior Cost Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly