Senior Building Surveyor
Reporting to a Director in their London office, you would be initially be working on a range of small to medium size residential and commercial PPM projects, carrying out defect diagnosis investigations, specifications, contract administration, licences for alterations, dilapidations claims and insurance reinstatement valuations.
Owing to the type of work, this position offers a chance to hone core building surveying skills, become more client facing and offers the opportunity to take the first steps into management by taking on an assistant and helping them through their APC.
As the team develops, it is intended that larger commercial projects will follow. The majority of work is based in the South East but there will be occasions where travel to other areas may be necessary.
You must have
· MRICS or similar professional accreditation
· Good understanding of a good range of building types and their construction
· Demonstratable problem solving skills including correct diagnosis of building defects, specifying appropriate repairs identifying quality of workmanship issues
· Excellent report writing and communication skills with clients, contractors and occupiers.
· Preparation of detailed specifications, schedules of work and drawings
· Drafting and Contract Administration of Minor and Intermediate forms of JCT Contracts.
· Preparation of schedule of dilapidations and negotiating on behalf of landlord or tenant
It would be advantageous, but not essential, if you had experience the following;-
· Good understanding of legal concepts and some experience in lease interpretation
· Project Management
· CAT A Fit out works
· Party Wall and Neighbourly matters
· Feasibility Studies
· Sustainability related advice
· Insurance Claims
· Energy efficiency
Benefits / Package Details:
· Salary range - £55 – £60K per annum
· 25 days holiday (3 must be taken over Christmas)
· 8 days public holiday
· Defined contribution pension scheme in accordance with the Government auto enrolment programme
· Life insurance – One time’s annual basic salary
· Interest free travel loan up to £5000 after the three month probation period is complete
· RICS subscription fees paid
· A work-life balance is encouraged – 9.15 am – 5.15am with an hour for lunch
Apply for Senior Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly