Senior Estates Surveyor
A local authority based in South Yorkshire is currently seeking an experienced Senior Estates Surveyor.
The role will be to support the professional estate service and project team for the Council in undertaking their asset and estate management responsibilities. It will include undertaking a range of estate management, asset disposal and asset transfer related duties.
The Council are looking for a general practice surveyor experienced in rent reviews, lease renewals, acquisitions and landlord and tenant work.
About the role
- Negotiating the purchase, leasing and letting of a wide range of Council property for a variety of purposes
- Undertaking lease renewals, lease restructures, rent reviews and service charge management
- Managing complex leased property assets including City Centre office accommodation and community buildings
- Rural Estate Management
- Vacant Property Management
- General property advice on complex and contentious properties
- Marketing and letting of vacant premises including production of property particulars, advertising and selection of tenants
- Undertaking valuations for a variety of purposes including right to buy applications, insurance, rating and asset valuations in accordance with RICS Appraisal and Valuation (red book) standards
- Maintenance of the Asset Register and asset records
- Providing advice on the Council's operational estate
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in estate management dealing with a wide variety of public/ private and third sector stakeholders.
- Detailed practical knowledge of estate management and landlord and tenant matters and associated legislation.
- Experience of working on a wide range of complex and contentious issues with a variety of clients from the public, private and third sectors.
- Track record of delivery to meet tight deadlines and within tight financial limits
- Experience of working in a political environment and knowledge of current thinking in local government and public sector reform
- Significant experience of collaborative working, partnership development, and contract negotiation within a complex organisation
- Experience of developing innovative delivery models in the achievement estate management objectives
- Educated to degree level, in a relevant qualification to the duties of the post
- Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS/FRICS) or commitment to complete Assessment of Professional Competence and attainment of membership within 12 months of appointment
- A Registered Valuer, or commitment to attain Registered Valuer status within 12 months of appointment
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.