Senior Estates Surveyor (Public Sector)
Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an MRICS qualified Senior Estates Surveyor to join the Estates team of an ambitious Public Sector organisation in Southampton.
The organisation retain a significant property portfolio, consisting of both corporate and investment assets within the commercial and residential sectors. The Estates team are responsible for supporting and providing a comprehensive service across the organisation, advising on estates and technical property matters.
Your new role
Your role as a Senior Estates Surveyor will encompass a number of key responsibilities, but will be fundamentally focused around the professional estate management of the investment portfolio assets. Although this will be a focus, the role will remain highly diverse, seeing you involved in a number of areas of technical property from Landlord and Tenant matters, property management, acquisition and disposals, valuation and development. Additionally, part of your role will also be to provide professional advice on the corporate and residential portfolios.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Undertaking Lease Renewals and Rent Reviews and preparing Service Charge budgets
- Day-to-day commercial property management
- Asset Management and monitoring portfolio performance
- Oversee and negotiate the leasing, letting, acquisition and disposal of property and land
- Provide support and and undertake a range of valuation services including Development Appraisal and Capital Accounting
- Advise on matters related to the Residential portfolio, such as Right to Buy, Lease Extensions and Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Be a key point of contact for a considerable amount of the properties held within the estate
- Act as a Line Manager to the Estates Surveyors and Graduate Surveyors
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in the role as a Senior Estates Surveyor, you will a focused and commercially astute, MRICS qualified property professional with strong leadership qualities. You will have proven and demonstrable experience in a providing a range of professional property services including property management, L&T matters, valuation and property transactions.
Alongside your technical experience, you will have the ability to build effect relationships and links with a variety of internal stakeholder and third parties. Ability in managing your own workloads and working to your initiative are also essential qualities for the role.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this or any other role, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 02382 020101.