Commercial Property & Asset Management Director - Oxford
International Real Estate Consultancy
Commercial Property Management Director. Oxford, UK
Salary up to £75,000.00 plus benefits/bonus
Our client is a leading International Real Estate Consultancy, searching for an Oxford based Commercial Property Management Director with Asset Management and Business Park experience.
This role is both a strategic and operational role, taking a lead on all property management activity in one of the UK’s biggest office parks.
Leading a high performing property management team on site and working in partnership with the client to deliver their core services, but also strategically working on growth.
- Leading and owning the Client Relationship on site – integrating the team with the on site client team to proactively deliver a great service
- Driving business growth and profitability with set business targets – this to include winning new instructions from existing and new Clients and implementing efficiencies within the team operation
- Ensuring all fees are collected and no debt
- Continually driving change and progress in the business to evolve with Client and market demands
- Working on departmental projects, generated from the Executive and Operational Boards
- Holding key relationships with REAS (Real Estate Accounting Services) and FM to maintain teamwork
- Managing and supporting direct reports within the team
- Mentoring individuals across the business
- Owning and managing the transition of client/properties in and out of management
- Responsibility for compliance relating to sites under your control, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
- Ensuring consistent, high quality service delivery across all areas for the Clients where you hold responsibility
- Signing off and ensuring all Client reporting is accurate and delivered on time
- Leading Client meetings where directly responsible
- Ensuring all SLA’s and KPI’s for Clients are met
- Carrying out property inspections
- Direct responsibility for the management of a few key properties
- Identifying and progressing opportunities for cross-selling activities
- Identifying and actioning any asset management opportunities
- Being fully conversant with, and adhering to, the rules and procedures contained in the Company’s FCA Insurance Business Compliance Manual
- Being fully conversant with our Global Standards and ensuring these are adhered to across the team
- Interesting and varied work
- Leading Client relationships with opportunities to grow instructions
- Co-ordinating and running Client instructions
- Managing and mentoring talented surveyors within the team
- Structured training and career progression
- Opportunities to become involved in asset management work
- Opportunities to become involved in Executive and Operational Board projects to continue to drive industry best practice, Global Standards and the strategic direction of the business to World Class
- Business Development and key involvement in pitches
- Great internal support network
You will work alongside the senior team members who collectively have ambitious plans to grow the team.
- Property Management and team management experience
- Commercial awareness of running a business
- Understanding of how a P&L operates
- Up to date knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Technical expertise
- Ability to build and maintain strong Client relationships
- Ability to build and maintain occupier / customer relationships and understanding the true meaning of Client Care for both landlords and occupiers
- Understanding of Clients’ investment objectives
- Ability to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to Clients, including cross-selling
- Conversant with RICS rules, regulations and guidance
- Understanding of VAT, banking and credit control methods
- Ability to use IT software and applications such as Word, Excel and other databases
- Ability to contribute and support driving team and department business plans with forward thinking ideas
- Ability to support and lead direct reports and agree clear career development plans with them
- Ability to support and mentor other junior team members
- Ability to effectively deal with non-performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Positive influencer and motivator
- Ability to successfully pitch for new work with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to lead by example in all RISE values
- Personal service operator
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Ability to troubleshoot and diffuse situations where required
- Confident and assertive where required
- Sociable and outgoing
- Flexible approach to work
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of using discretion
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and Clients.
We all know the high level of skill and dedication it takes to manage world-class property. With that in mind, if you are a confident and bright individual with a passion for Property Management, from any background, we would like to hear from you.
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
Varnom Ross – Doing things differently, for the benefit of all.