Project Manager/Senior Project Manager - South East Region
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Due to continued success in securing projects throughout the South East , we’re looking for an exceptional Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to join our highly successful team. The role will sit within our London and South East business unit and have the option to work out of ourTunbridge Wells, Epsom, Southampton or London Office.
We are specifically looking for the ideal candidate to support our growing portfolio of projects arising from our appointment to the Ministry of Justice framework. Projects range in value from £1m to £10m+ and will give our Project Managers a diverse and exciting workload.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, strong commercial awareness and who will provide a market leading service to our clients, a commitment to drive new business opportunities, and desire to build a team to enhance the provision of our Project Management service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with a world leading consultancy and work with a growing and sociable team. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded project manager to:
- Effectively deliver Project Management services across a range of market sectors in particular; custodial estate, central government buildings, courts, offices and other civic buildings.
- Provide support to PM Team Leaders as required on all business issues including but not limited to business development, client management, bid
writing, thought leadership and management reporting.
- Be a strong team member with the ability to provide a first-class service to our clients
To join us you’ll need:
- Experience of successful project delivery in a complex and/or live environments to achieve quality outcomes
- Experience of identifying, managing and supporting multiple stakeholders to enable effective delivery of a successful project
- Experience of working with public sector clients
- Ability to proactively manage sub consultants and contractors to enable transparent and quality delivery
- Experience of implementing and managing change control on multiple projects, including design and build construction projects and strategic projects
- A relevant construction qualification or Prince2 and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institution e.g. APM or RICS
- To be conversant with all aspects of project management and have experience of both pre and post contract project responsibilities
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and MS Project.
- The ability to effectively chair, contribute to and minute meetings
- The ability to identify and proactively manage risks and opportunities at all project stages
- Excellent stakeholder and organisational skills; arranging, and accurately recording project meetings as well as the control of project documentation
- To be comfortable working independently (with senior support) whilst being pro-active and undertaking the relevant next steps in order to keep the project on track.
- Experience of undertaking options appraisals and the ability to concisely report your analysis back to the client and to inform business cases
- Experience of writing business cases
- Experience of successfully delivering projects for central government clients
- Experience and knowledge of custodial and non-custodial estate with a clear understanding of the key associated challenges
- Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Experience of project management services through all stages of the project life-cycle
- A general knowledge of the Justice System
- A general knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Experience of administering PPC 2000, JCT and/or NEC Construction and Professional Services contracts.
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self motivation to have achieved to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense.
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative.
- The ability to identify and develop further opportunities to grow the business would be an advantage.
- Resilient attitude with the ability to work in challenging and complex environments
- Ability to perform as an individual whilst working as an integral member of a wider team to deliver a quality service
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.