Opportunity within a local authority to lead on a range of projects and run them through all RIBA work stages, and be responsible for development of the brief, overall design, timing, cost control and contract management of your projects.
Major property holder who is actively investing in the South Gloucestershire area across a range of sectors. Supportive employer with a conscientious approach who prioritise employee welfare.
You will be a leading figure on your projects and be able to run with them through all RIBA work stages, right from inception through to final completion. Typical duties will include:
- To prepare working drawings and specifications, to liaise with planning and building regulations authorities and to submit formal applications for consent.
- To invite main contract and specialist sub-contract tenders and place orders for building works and to ensure the works are carried out in accordance with the contract to achieve successful handover of the project to the client.
- To be contract administrator/project manager for projects/tasks up to £2,500,000. To direct and monitor the work of other professionals assigned to such projects e.g. Quantity Surveyors, Structural Engineers, M&E Engineers, Building Surveyors, Landscape Architects, Land Surveyors.
- To act as first point of contact for Client, Head Teacher and Contractor.
- On specific large projects to be team leader for the architectural discipline directing and monitoring the work of other professionals assigned to the project which is led by a nominated project manager.
- To supervise the work of Architectural Assistants and Architectural Technicians assigned to projects within the responsibility of the post holder. To oversee and instruct Senior Clerk of Works and Clerk of Works in respect of own projects
- To act for and represent the Design Team Leader as required and at meetings as directed, prepare and submit reports to the Design Team Leader for Committee or other purposes as required.
- Provide professional and technical advice and other services to the Department and other Departments, Authorities or Agencies as required.
To be successful for this position, you will be able to work autonomously and be able to work on a range of projects. You will have demonstrable experience working on a range of projects, of different scale and scope. An excellent understanding of modern construction methods is essential, as is a comprehensive understanding of UK Building Regulations and use of Revit.
Competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including flexible working, and the ability on occasion to work from home. You will have true ability to work on projects from cradle to grave and see them through to completion.