Senior Technical Officer (Adaptations Surveyor)
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer (Adaptations Surveyor)
Location: Farnham House, Stevenage
Salary range: £39,782 - £42,683 pa (depending on experience, pro-rata for part time) PLUS £1,000 Welcome Payment
Hours: 37 per week
- Building surveying or construction related qualification e.g. BTEC, HND, BSc
- Member of a construction related professional body i.e. CIEH, RICS, CIOB, CABE
- Experience in use of AutoCad
- Contract Management Experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professionals (Including occupational therapists, building contractors, health and casework officers)
- Understanding of DFG Legislation and regulatory grant conditions
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent Career Development Training
- Salary exchange for additional benefits (including extra annual leave)
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Discount and cashback on shopping/holidays/entertainment with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Occupational maternity/paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes
A bit more about us:
Hertfordshire Home Improvement Agency (HHIA) provides an end to end adaptations service for disabled adults and children across 5 Districts within Hertfordshire (Stevenage, Broxbourne, East Herts, North Herts and Watford) in relation to provision of Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs). Grants can be used to provide essential adaptations to housing to enable more independent living. Examples of adaptions include stairlifts, level access showers or extensions. The HHIA provide a full service from grant application, design specification through to managing contractors.
HHIA are now looking to recruit a Senior Technical Officer (STO) to lead their small technical team responsible for reviewing recommendations for housing adaptations from Occupational Therapists and the HHIA’s in-house Trusted Assessors and designing those adaptations to ensure that the client’s needs are met in line with what is feasible and practical in relation to the property. The STO will oversee the allocation of work to the technical team, approving their designs and sign off for works to commence, as well as managing their own workload of the more complex cases involving extensions or other building projects requiring the expertise of a qualified surveyor. Additionally, the STO will manage contractor relationships and provide sign off on technical works at their completion.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small but growing team, providing services to disabled adults and children across Hertfordshire. Experience of the DFG process would be useful, but a commitment to delivering a seamless and efficient service to our customers is a must.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Michelle Abraham, Head of Hertfordshire Home Improvement Agency on 01992 588124.
Closing date: Sunday 8 September 2019
Interview date: Friday 20 September 2019