Project Quantity Surveyor / Employers Agent | Braintree Office
Barker Associates is an established multi-disciplinary property consultancy based in Essex.
Due to success on a number of recent projects we are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Employers Agent to provide both pre and post contract cost consultancy advice.
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Employers Agent your duties will include pre-contract services such as assisting with feasibility studies, providing elemental cost plans and contract advice and post-contract services including carrying out site inspections, compiling interim valuations and providing full cost management services in relation to projects. There may also be a requirement to provide project management services on selected projects depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be ideally be MRICS qualified from a private practice background, have strong communication/client facing skills, detailed building contract knowledge including JCT, experience in single and two stage tendering and cost consultancy experience in education and commercial sector.
Responsibilities will include:
- Compilation of feasibility estimates and detailed cost plans
- Preparation of tender documentation and pre-tender estimates
- Tender analysis and compilation of contract documents
- Attending site as required
- Advising Clients and colleagues on procurement options
- Value management, value engineering
Post Contract Responsibilities:
- Assessment of works in progress for valuation purposes
- Client and project risk management
- Project financial control such as cost reporting, valuations
- Agreement of final accounts
REQUIREMENTS - Essential:
- MRICS qualified or ready for Final Assessment
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Word and Excel systems
- Maths and English GCSE
- Full clean driving licence
- This role will be subject to a DBS Enhanced check
To apply, please fill in the form below by uploading your CV and cover letter.