Client Side Project Manager – Landed Estate
Client Side Project Manager - Landed Estate
Our client is an historic estate in Cheshire comprised of residential, commercial and agricultural properties, many of which are listed. The role will be responsible for the management of a variety of projects across the estate, from initial concept, through design, specification, planning, tender preparation and bid evaluation to the supervision of construction, completion and occupation to defined timescales.
You will be enthusiastic, calm under pressure, and have proven construction project management and contract administration skills. You will be comfortable in communicating at all levels and have the drive to deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with the brief. A strong eye for design and building materials would be a major benefit.
The role requires a proactive and adaptable individual with a strong interest in the built environment. Working closely with the Project Director, the role will require a hands-on approach and the successful individual will be expected to take direct responsibility for a wide range of projects from inception to completion.
The type of projects the role will be involved with are very diverse, reflecting the varied property portfolio and activities of the Family Office.
Candidates should have some experience of managing and co-ordinating projects, but those with a background in architecture, building surveying or engineering who demonstrate the right personal attributes will certainly be considered.
- Full autonomy for a diverse range of construction and refurbishment projects
- Planning and development of project briefs
- Product research
- On the larger projects, appoint and manage the services of consultant Architects, Engineers, QS and other consultants set and agree project budgets; regular budget reporting, etc.
- Presentation of scheme designs to internal stakeholders and family members
- Management of the tender process
- Obtaining necessary statutory consents
- Appointment of contractors
- Site supervision and quality control through to completion, settlement of final accounts and handover
- Assist in the organisation of planned and reactive maintenance work at key operational and family occupied properties
- Assist the Director in the development and execution of strategic projects relating to the improvement of the real estate function
- Technical competence with experience of the design and management of construction and refurbishment projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service, always striving to achieve the best possible quality within time and budgetary constraints
- Excellent planning, organisational, reporting and delivery skills; comfortable with periods of pressure
- Organisational skills to manage contractors, sub-contractors and consultants to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills - competent use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
For more information, or to discuss the role in detail, please contact Ed Hoad on 07502 397979 or email@example.com