Graduate Rural Surveyor
THE HOLKHAM ESTATE
Our vision is to see Holkham recognised as the UK’s leading rural Estate against which others will measure their own success.
The Holkham Estate extends over 25,000 acres. The land and property-based activities include residential and commercial lettings, property development, arable and vegetable farming, forestry, country sports, an inn, a holiday park, beaches, car parks, admissions, cafes, shops, concerts and events.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Graduate Rural Surveyor reports to the General Manager, Land and Property and the Farm Manager. The role supports three departments; Land and Property, Farming and Conservation. This is a broad and extremely rewarding position. This is a role which will develop with the growing ambitions of the Estate.
Land and Property Management
- To assist with the let rural estate including agriculture and property.
- To support with the management of all grazing licences across the Estate.
- To assist with planning and development projects across the Estate.
- To manage all Estate mapping.
- To assist with the collection of renewables data and reporting.
- To assist the Forestry Department as required.
- To ensure that all Company’s policy and directives, codes of practice and regulations are complied with.
- Within the spirit of the job description undertake additional or amended duties appropriate to the post as may be allocated from time to time.
Holkham Farming Company
- To assist with the management of the Basic Payment Scheme.
- To assist with all cross-compliance across all farm businesses.
- To support all grant applications and assist with future works.
- To assist with all cropping licences and third-party agreements in relation to Holkham Emerald.
- To assist with all major utilities.
- To assist with the management of agri-environment work to include all environmental stewardship scheme on the Estate
- To support with SSSI management and scheduled monuments
- To support Holkham Nature Reserve.
- To assist with the wider collaboration including supporting the Facilitation Fund.
- Support in the correspondence with Natural England.
- Support the Estate on all agricultural and environmental policies.
- To assist with the management of let shooting.
- Willing to learn, enthusiastic and determined.
- Organised individual who has the ability to multi-task.
- Hands-on, ability to work independently and as part of a team so that goals are met.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to provide clear instructions.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Act as ambassador for the Estate.
To apply for this position, please fill in the form below by uploading your CV and cover letter.