Job Title: Surveyor
Responsible to: Head of Property
Department: Property Department
The job exists to ensure that Cats Protection is able to sustain its retail and operations activities in various properties across the UK (the property portfolio includes the National Cat Centre, adoption centres, homing centres, homing & information centres, retail premises, residential, and miscellaneous legacy properties). The jobholder works on property cases and cases are generated both extraordinarily, in agreement with retail and operations managers, and routinely as part of an agreed Service Level Agreement with those retail and operations managers. Within the scope of agreements and SLAs, the jobholder will take whatever estate management action is required case by case, liaising with managing agents, landlords, agents, neighbouring occupiers, solicitors, local authorities and other statutory bodies as needed.
Scope and dimensions
The Surveyor has sufficient skills, knowledge and understanding to be able to work without detailed day to day supervision but may require the support and advice of the Senior Surveyor and/or the Head of Property when they need to escalate a case they are working on.
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities
- In response to a request to advise on a property, and in line with Property Department estate management strategy and budget, clarify the scope and nature of the request with the requesting manager. Undertake such research as necessary, develop estate management options, discuss those with the requesting manager, provide a solution and if necessary complete and issue a property report that provides innovative and compliant advice.
- In response to a request to acquire a property, clarify the need with the requesting manager. Then undertake such search activities as needed to identify suitable candidate properties. From criteria developed with the requesting manager, determine the suitability of candidates. Prepare and document outline fit-out designs as needed to illustrate suitability. Acting for the requesting manager, negotiate suitable terms for the subsequent agreement, reach agreement with the vendor or lessor using agreed contract forms and, by binding Cats Protection, acquire the property (subject to Trustee approval).
- In response to a request to fit out a property, agree the scope of the project with the requesting manager. Using the fit out designs from the acquisition activity, elaborated as necessary, specify the fit-out work. Using approved contractors, and agreed contract forms, let the necessary contracts. Manage the contractor(s) to achieve a property in use. Conduct such evaluations of the work needed to achieve a satisfied client retail or operations manager. Set up the SLA for ongoing maintenance of the property.
- Considering the obligations outlined in the SLA for each property, or on receipt of a request to maintain, determine the maintenance obligations that leases, legislation and the like place on Cats Protection. In consultation with the Maintenance Manager prepare a maintenance plan and agree this with client manager(s). Hand back to the Maintenance team if needed. Ultimately conduct a business review from time to time to ensure that the property remains compliant with needs.
- In response to a request from a retail or operations manager to improve a property, and considering the SLA in place and considering the that leases, legislation and the like place, assess the property. Agree the needs of the client manager. Then specify the improvement work. Using approved contractors, and agreed contract forms, let the necessary improvement contracts. Conduct such evaluations of the work needed to achieve a satisfied client retail or operations manager.
- In response to a request from a retail or operations manager to dispose of a property, clarify the request and determine the obligations outstanding and the general property status. With the client manager, determine the actions needed. Prepare a disposal plan. Gain approval to dispose. Complete all estate management actions needed for disposal and discharge all obligations such that Cats Protection is free of ongoing obligations for the property.
- Controlling both spend and specification of work done, checking if the work has been done within budget and to specification and appropriate standards/quality, and approving invoices for payment.
- Managing the flow of data to and from the property management database, including workflow, record keeping, and historic data ensuring it is always up to date.
- Participate with others in the general business of the Property Department, attending meetings and picking up additional tasks and projects as may from time to time be necessary.
- Within the scope of the jobholder’s knowledge and skills, mentor other Surveyors and Administrators in estate and facilities management activities.
- Lead others in the jobholder’s estate management specialisms, picking up and leading on work not included above where the jobholder has competence.
- In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the CEO. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Primary relationships are with:
- The client manager in retail or operations
- Property team
- Legal team
- Health & Safety
- Landlords and Managing Agents
- Contractors and Consultants
- Local Authorities
- Statutory bodies
- GCSE Mathematics and English at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Professional surveying qualification (e.g. MRICS/FRICS)
- Driving licence (full UK)
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Project and Outlook
Proven post qualification experience of surveying in a property management or facilities management environment, either as in-house surveyor for a corporate occupier or within a management department of a surveying practice or within a facilities management company with client operational portfolios under management.
Service level monitoring
Experience of working on small building or maintenance projects .
Multi-site property management experience.
Experience of working on a national property portfolio comprising a range of property types and tenures.
Skills / Attributes
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to work on own initiative, accurately and under pressure
Ability to work within a small team and externally with other professionals and third parties
Experience working with or as a volunteer(s).
Confident face-to-face communicator
Flexible and adaptable
Proactive, positive, resilient attitude and keen to resolve conflict
Methodical and analytical
Able to undertake the duties including some working out of doors
Significant amount of travel
No known allergies to cats
Smart, professional appearance
Please click on the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page to start the application process