Newly Qualified Chartered Building Surveyor
- Dilapidations claims and specialist landlord and tenant advice
- Survey, design and restoration of significant and listed historic buildings
- Neighbourly matters and licence to alter advice for large / complex developments
- Reinstatement cost assessments for insurance purposes
- Design and project management of office fit out and building alteration work
- Pre-acquisition surveys of commercial, industrial and large / complex residential buildings
- PPM surveys (Globe theatre, National Trust etc.)
- Development monitoring, Specialist building pathology investigation and expert witness reports.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will need to be a full member of the RICS, specifically qualifying through the Building Surveying route.
You will need to be competent in a minimum of the four above areas, and be keen to develop your skills across unfamiliar areas of building surveying.
You will need to be professionally presented and able to communicate confidently to clients, providing credible advice and consultancy to stakeholders in a clear and understandable way.
You will need strong report writing skills and an eye for detail as the nature of the role requires clear concise recording of information.
You will ideally be career driven with the desire to progress in the business, as the opportunity for promotions and increased responsibility is an area the business promotes strongly.
What you'll get in return
In return for your commitment you will receive the opportunity to help shape a small and fast-growing company unconstrained by global systems and procedures as well as the chance to explore, focus on and specialise in your preferred area of surveying.
The business offers excellent work flexibility aided by from the best technology allowing you to work remotely. You will be provided with CPD opportunities which will be paid for by the business. You will also benefit from in-house training from experience chartered building surveyors and digital support to achieve your career goals.
You'll receive a competitive package with a base salary between £45-55K and generous annual leave entitlement. This is the chance to work with professionals who value the highest professional standards who will help you to take on a higher level of responsibility befitting a fully qualified MRICS surveyor.
You will receive the freedom and support to hone your business development, client relationship management and marketing skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
If you would like more detailed information before you apply, please visit our dedicated recruitment site: hays.co.uk/jobs/lighthouse-surveyors