4 days left
- Job Position
Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for a Project Manager/Assistant Project Manager for our Nottingham Office. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with our team, with the potential for rapid career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of public and private sector projects.
We are looking for a collaborative, motivated and individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the public and private sector.
- Build successful working relationships with local and national authority clients.
- Provide support to the regional management team in the growth of the sectors regionally.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as NEC3 Project Manager; including pre and post project controls.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognized institutional body
- Experience of NEC and/or JCT contracts is beneficial.
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding of the broader Faithful+Gould and Atkins business including having an awareness of the Strategic objectives
- Good awareness of the range of services provided by Faithful+Gould and Atkins.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients.
Rewards and benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.