Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
- Job Position
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s largest project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £70 million and an expanding office base in the Asia Pacific region, Continental Europe, the UK and USA.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Senior M& E Quantity Surveyor in our Southampton Office. This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to build on the success of the current team and to take forward a market leading cost management business on the South Coast.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Manage commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions under guidance of senior colleagues.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues
- Take the lead, setting the pace, and monitoring all work executed, at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies
- Managing trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent services
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
- You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business
- Qualified with a B.Sc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
- Extensive experience with both private and public sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
- Commercially aware you’ll work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software eg CATO
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from our wider international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success – Join our team today.
Rewards and Benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.