Planning Manager invited to join a Housebuilder and work directly alongside the Planning Director to work through various agreements and ensure new developments contribute positively to the wider area with social, economic and environmental factors.
Residential developer with a diverse portfolio offering a full complement of housing solutions across private and affordable housing.
As Planning Manager, you will work very closely alongside the Planning Director, with key responsibilities including:
- Work closely with the Regions Land, Technical and Sales teams in order to secure residential planning consent.
- Monitor planning approvals and work with the technical and construction departments to secure planning condition discharges.
- Where necessary and appropriate, look to revise approved development schemes to enhance value.
- Develop strong working relationships with Local Authorities and those groups with a key stake holder interest in our development proposals.
- Keep fully up to date with relevant regulatory and legislative changes and communicate throughout the business.
- Develop strong and trusting working relationships with Consultants.
- Exhibit a robust commercial awareness of the impact of planning decisions and seek to maximise financial benefit.
- Control costs and fee expenditure in line with agreed budgets.
- Monitor and manage S106 and CIL payments.
- Seek to reduce Health and Safety Risk through careful scheme design.
- Be prepared to engage in fund raising opportunities
Competitive starting salary with package to include car/car allowance, bonus and pension contribution, with flexible benefits too.
Relaxed and cohesive team culture who pool knowledge and work together between departments.