Attractive Salary + Benefits
Hatfield Park Estate Office, Hertfordshire
Gascoyne Estates own and manage extensive private family property holdings within London, Hatfield in Hertfordshire and Cranborne, Dorset. Hatfield Estate is managed by a dedicated management team based at the Estate Office, located within Hatfield Park.
Residential properties range from period farmhouses and cottages through to townhouses and flats; commercial properties range from a variety of office premises to retail and storage units. Gascoyne takes pride in acting as a professional landlord and encourages a positive working relationship with its tenants and customers.
An enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual is required to oversee the management of the Hatfield let property portfolio. This involves ensuring that the marketing of property, dealing with prospective and current tenants and liaising with other departments to coordinate repairs and routine and emergency maintenance is carried out.
The Head of Property is a key member of the Estate Management Team and whilst performing their core duties, it is also important that they regard the portfolio in the context of the wider business. As part of the role it will be essential to engage with other members of the management team in order to ensure a consistency of approach that aligns the portfolio with the wider business strategy. This latter aims to ensure consistency across all areas of the business including shared goals of maintaining high standards, reviewing core and non-core assets; benchmarking and analysing performance, planning for new homes and commercial space; embracing the principle of community engagement and more generally ensuring that the reputation of the Estate and Gascoyne as a whole is upheld.
Reporting to the Estate Director, key duties include;
- Taking overall responsibility for the routine management of the Estate’s let portfolio with a particular emphasis on the quality of decision making and day to day management including efficiency of the maintenance function and effective financial management. Leading a diverse team, with a focus on quality, reputation, enhancing skills and capabilities.
- Optimising the performance of all elements of the let portfolio and identify commercially attractive opportunities, whilst preserving the Estate’s unique character, values and history.
- Manage financial budgeting, appraisal and reporting across the Estate’s management team. Take responsibility for managing major projects and schemes.
- Generate strong and productive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Act as a key ambassador for the Estate.
- Track record of successfully managing a diverse range of property-related businesses with the entrepreneurial ability to anticipate emerging trends. Proven financial, commercial and strategic acumen.
- Ideally RICS-qualified with a proven track record in commercial and residential property with particular focus on portfolio management, and experience of working with period property assets.
- Strong leadership qualities, as well as possessing the self-awareness and humility to negotiate successful outcomes for key stakeholders. A keen focus on implementation and a desire to deliver results.
- Energetic, tenacious and hands-on with strong attention to detail. Committed team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, numeracy, natural diplomacy and common sense.
Please email your CV and cover with full salary details by filling in the form below. For further information please contact Charlie Holroyde on 07973 116262.
Mulberry Executive Search have been retained by Gascoyne Estates to handle this assignment.