Interim Senior Estates Surveyor
A local authority based in the East Midlands are currently seeking an experienced Senior Estates Surveyor.
The role will be to support the professional property and estates service for the Council in undertaking their asset and estate management responsibilities.
The Council are looking for a general practice surveyor experienced in rent reviews, lease renewals and landlord and tenant work. Added to this candidates need a high level of experience and knowledge within valuations.
- Granting and taking of new leases, lease renewals, licences and agreements in order to maintain and manage the property portfolio
- Undertake a wide range of estate management activities including valuations, dilapidations, repairs, licences, wayleaves, change of use, assignments and sub lettings in order to maintain and enhance the property portfolio
- Negotiate rent reviews on best terms achievable in order to either maximise income to the council or minimise expenditure
- Asset Valuations in accordance with RICS and CIPFA Guidance to support the Council's financial accounts
- Valuations for compulsory purchase and subsequent acquisition
The council are looking for candidates with significant knowledge and experience in estate management and valuation activities. You will also be at an advantage if you are MRICS and registered valuer.
The position will be for an initial 6 month contract and there has already been indication that an extension is possible.
The contract will run off a 5 day week, with homeworking available once you settle into the role.
What to do now
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Ben at Park Avenue Recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
We do not advertise all of our vacancies, especially if we have suitable candidates in mind to undertake the work we get in. To get the best chance at securing the perfect contract for you, let us know your preferences and we will be happy to call you when we find a position that you may be interested in.