Business Rates Surveyor
Business Rates Surveyor Tyne & Wear Permanent £28,000 - £35,000 + Benefits DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with a well-established, private-sector organisation who are looking to add to their real estate team. You will join a busy team, who work collaboratively with other divisions and offices across the country, and the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar type of role, able to use own initiative and take ownership of their own work-load.
Your new role
We are seeking a Business Rates Surveyor to join a busy team, working for an supporting surveyors for a high-profile client. The work will also require you to travel regionally, and occasionally nationally.
- Surveying various property types primarily in north of England to assist with valuation.
- Maintaining and updating computer systems with details of surveys, measurements, photographs and drawings
- The role will involve working within the Business Rates Team but will be require independent working on site and in writing up referencing notes.
- Clear and accurate surveys of the properties inspected
- Timely reporting to colleagues on inspections
- Accurate maintenance of client Information Management System, responding to business rates enquires as well as identifying opportunities for rates mitigation and other services offered by the client.
What you'll need to succeed
- The role is aimed at (but not restricted to) newly or about to be qualified persons keen on rating with potential to progress to valuer work/negotiation
- Knowledge of valuation for the purposes of preparing areas for business rates and in general for other surveying functions such as rent review, insurance and basic building surveys
- Knowledge of reliefs, exemptions and liability mitigation strategies would be of assistance
- Understanding of rate liability calculations is not essential. Key skills will include use of Computer, Disto measuring devices, digital camera and interpretation of plans
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills working in a small local office
- Experience of property inspections.
- Knowledge of the property market in major centres would be an advantage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.