Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
Salary: £29,832 - £32,367
Do you have experience of working in an estate management and with varying tenures and commercial agreements?
As Estate Manager, you will manage work packages for the delivery of a programme of asset management of a whole property portfolio. You will ensure the estate meets property legislation and statute and is managed effectively to maximise occupation, best practice and value for money.
We have exciting plans for the next 5 years to continue making our roads safer. Join us on our journey and help us to save lives.
About the role
- Manage, deliver and support estates specific projects as required, such as relocations and operating delivery model changes to the estate portfolio
- Responsible for the acquisition, disposal and relocation of operational property adhering to DVSA timelines
- Produce and deliver DVSA estates individual property strategies and the higher-level overarching property strategies, in conjunction with the Property Surveyor
- Effect licence/ lease renewals, casual hire arrangements and minor occupier agreements for the DVSA seeking necessary approvals
- Take ownership of service charge reconciliation and end of year rebalancing is affected on each lease with service charge recovery. Challenge and verify all service charges to DVSA instructing agents and lawyers where necessary
- Support re-contracting of property services including Legal Services and Property Services while assisting in the specification and all elements of the tendering process.
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for someone with experience of working in an estate management property function. You will have knowledge and experience of basic commercial property management and landlord/tenant legislation.
You will also have:
- excellent communication skills and are confident to deliver information and key messages to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- organisational skills and the ability to manage conflicting demands and prioritise work effectively
- the motivation to shape your own development and a desire to enhance your skills and knowledge