Contract Compliance Manager
The Contract Compliance Manager will take operational responsibility for ensuring the businesses complies with its landlord statutory and non-statutory duties and obligations are met and maintained for planned and major works programmes and responsive repairs.
Our client is a vibrant, confident and independent leading social housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, they are continuing to significantly invest in their customers' homes and improving the services they provide to them. They own or manage over 7,500 properties in and around Bracknell and are providing around 200 new homes each year, with an annual turnover of over £45m and spend over £15m each year purchasing works, goods and services.
Key responsibilities of the Contract Compliance Manager:
- You will work with the Lead Asset Partners for Repairs & Servicing and Planned Works, monitoring and reporting on the performance and compliance of external contractors appointed to undertake work for the Association
- Review and develop technical specifications that will promote best practice and achieve VFM across all projects and programmes for cyclical, major works and responsive repairs
- You will be developing and implementing compliance programmes for testing and inspections for cyclical, major works and responsive repair work, undertaken by external contractors and our in-house repairs team for asbestos, fire safety, water, gas and electrical works with the health and safety manager
- You will be required to attend and reporting into relevant H&S groups/committees, monitoring delivery of the outputs of contracts for agreed programmes, to ensure compliance against agreed targets, within budget, to the agreed standard and executed according to the agreed programme management plan
- You will be managing appropriate data management systems that will record all testing, inspection and remedial works.
- You will monitor all existing, new or proposed legislation, statutory regulations, best practice and codes of practice pertaining to construction and landlord related Health and Safety matters.
- You will be maximising the quality of data upon which your service depends and ensure that effective record keeping is in place across the team. Actively look for ways to improve service efficiency and develop a continuous improvement approach in service delivery
- You will be ensuring that the business's insurance policy is understood by Asset Management staff and Asset Plant Register. Work with colleagues in Finance to ensure that all relevant claims are submitted and administered through to completion.
The successful candidate for the Contract Compliance Manager role will have, but not limited to:
Qualifications and other requirements
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Health and Safety qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) or equivalent relevant experience Incorporated or Associate member status of RICS, RIBA, CIOB or CIBSE (desirable)
- Evidence of significant continuing professional development (CPD)
- Full clean driving license with own transport.
Along with a competitive market salary they will offer:
- A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities.
- 28 days annual leave
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option.
Location - Bracknell
Sector - Property and Housing