Commercial Property Manager
Commercial Property Manager
Our team are driven by our values. We are professional, approachable and dependable and believe in being creative together in order to deliver the best outcome for all stakeholders.
We are Chartered Surveyors and Commercial Property Consultants based in the beautiful and vibrant historic town of Bury St Edmunds where we deliver a range of commercial property services throughout East Anglia. Our management portfolio ranges from single tenanted units to multi occupied Business Parks, Retail Parks and Industrial Estates.
A new full-time Property Manager position is required to proactively manage an existing portfolio of instructions.
As a RICS regulated firm, we are required to adhere to strict industry regulations and act in the public interest, whilst maintaining the highest ethical, professional and technical standards.
- Working closely with clients and their professional advisors, reporting in agreed formats including recommendations and actions
- Working with Management Accounts to oversee rent, insurance and service charge collection and monitor arrears whilst ensuring clients are kept informed and advised on options for recovering arrears.
- Preparing service charge budgets and dealing with reconciliations.
- Regular property and tenancy inspections to ensure lease compliance and tenant needs.
- Managing lease events and liaising with the firm's landlord & tenant and agency surveyors.
- Negotiating and managing legal documents including leases, licences to alter, deposit deeds.
- Specify, tender and manage planned and reactive works and maintenance contracts.
- Set up and manage maintenance and utility contracts.
- Coordinating instructions for vacant units.
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of health & safety, fire risk management, plant and M&E maintenance.
- Dealing with matters relating to asset disposals and acquisitions.
- Use the firm's Cloud Based management database.
- Be conversant with RICS Practice Statements and statutory requirements of managing property.
You will be an enthusiastic team player who is engaging, approachable, with a can do problem solver attitude that will use their experience to deliver a high level of productivity and stakeholder satisfaction. You will enjoy working within a small team to deliver results promoting the companies values.
In order to succeed in your application you will need;
- Previous experience in Commercial Property Management.
- Experience and an understanding of lease structures and service charges.
- Extensive knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation and compliance.
- The ability to build client relationships and have strong communication skills.
- To be capable of prioritising their workload, confident decision making skills and managing the department to deliver high standards of service.
- Ideally hold a property related degree.
- Desirably hold a full membership of the RICS (MRICS).
- A full UK driving licence.
Please email your CV to Gordon Ellis using the application form below.